Everyone loves an upgrade, especially the innovators and pioneers living in Los Angeles, California. So what could be a more perfect sport for the game-changers of Los Angeles than one that is essentially an upgrade of two great sporting traditions: soccer and golf.
FootGolf has been called “the best game ever invented” and “the next evolution of sports” by aficionados of this soccer-golf hybrid. Los Angeles FootGolf groups and associations have popped up over the last few months, all promoting and supporting the growth and expansion of the sport that combines the elegance, precision, and rules of golf with the energy, skills, and fun of soccer.
But if you want to play the game, you’ve got to know how to get out onto a Los Angeles FootGolf course, and how to book a Los Angeles FootGolf tee time.
Step one: Find the best Los Angeles FootGolf course for you
The first step is finding the best Los Angeles FootGolf course for you, or a local FootGolf course in your area. GoFootGolf.com is a great resource for this, as the website lists several dedicated public FootGolf courses, several of which are affordable options for Los Angeles FootGolf play.
Three Los Angeles FootGolf favorite courses are:
- Arcadia Golf Course, Arcadia, CA. Arcadia Golf Course is an 18-hole FootGolf course that is easily walkable and offers FootGolf tee times throughout the day, starting early in the morning and ending during Twilight times. Arcadia is the perfect Los Angeles FootGolf option for players in the Pasadena area, and the course is accessible from Los Angeles and its surrounding neighborhoods.
- Vista Valencia Golf Course, Valencia, CA. Vista Valencia Golf Course is a 9-hole, 1,095-yard Los Angeles FootGolf course that can also be played as an 18-hole round for those looking for an expanded FootGolf experience. The course, which utilizes the golf course’s Chica Course, is walkable, though carts can be rented for an extra fee. If you’re looking for FootGolf courses Los Angeles has to offer, Vista Valencia FootGolf is a great option.
- Saticoy Regional Golf Course, Ventura, CA. Saticoy Regional Golf Course is a fun and affordable 18-hole Los Angeles FootGolf course with dedicated FootGolf tee boxes, greens, bunkers, and 21-inch cups. Located 35 miles south of Santa Barbara and 60 miles north of Los Angeles, Saticoy Regional’s FootGolf course is a smart option for many Los Angeles FootGolf players.
Step Two: Booking a Los Angeles FootGolf Tee Time
Once you’ve picked out your chosen Los Angeles FootGolf course, you need to book a tee time. While there are some FootGolf courses that do allow walk-on rounds, it’s always a smart move to at least call the Golf Shop to check for available times or, if you can, book an online FootGolf tee time using a website like GoFootGolf.com.
Booking a Los Angeles FootGolf tee time on GoFootGolf.com is simple, quick, and convenient. You can either quickly search for tee times on the Homepage by selecting your location, or your preferred FootGolf course, and you can refine your search by adding your preferred date of play, time of play, party number, or hole preference (18 or 9). The tee times that you see once you hit the “Get Tee Times” button are only FootGolf tee times, so you don’t have to worry about booking on top of a golf tee time.
You can also browse all the available FootGolf tee times Los Angeles FootGolf courses offer by heading to the “Book a FootGolf Tee Time” page. You can view a week’s worth of tee times, and again refine your search to easily discover the prefect Los Angeles FootGolf tee time for you.
Once you book your FootGolf tee time online, you’re ready to head to the FootGolf course!
Step Three: Preparing for a Los Angeles FootGolf Experience
The last step before you head out to your chosen Los Angeles FootGolf course is preparing for the day. If this is your first time playing FootGolf, you might want to read this helpful First-Timer’s Guide to FootGolf. But the important items to remember are:
- Your ID and wallet
- Your FootGolf outfit (Shoes, hat, argyle socks, appropriate attire – check the dress code at the course you’re heading to in case there are restrictions on dress).
- A standard #5 soccer ball (You can also rent balls at the course).
- Water (Stay hydrated! You can also purchase beverages in the Golf Shop).
- Towel (Depending on what time and season you’re FootGolfing, just be aware your ball might get slippery, dirty. If you can easily tote a towel, it’s recommended!)
You’re ready to experience a great Los Angeles FootGolf day out on the course! Enjoy yourself, have fun, and remember: it’s all about the kick.